1.8
Style and Design
Usability

HP printers are notorious for unrecognizing non HP carts.My HP 8600 all in one printer had "Office World" replacement carts in the machine which worked fine.

After these ran out, I figured on taking a look at 1ink's online offer. BIG MISTAKE! The cartridges I received did not work and the HP spewed out messages that the printer was damaged! Phone support was horrible.

Gave me a RMA number but it cost me $12.00 with packaging and postage to return them. The crazy thing was, I put back the "Office World" carts and the HP at least recognized them. Unfortunately, HP printers will quit even if one color is depleted. Logic spoke and I ordered Office World carts on Amazon and received them the next day!

(Why didn't I do that in the first place)? They were $10 cheaper than 1inks and by golly, they worked perfectly. Frankly, 1inks guaranty policy is ambiguous. They are selling defective products and they know it!

I wrote to them voicing my concerns about return costs. I believe that they should provide, as other reputable companies do, a plastic return sleeve with pre-paid postage for products that will not or don't work. The offer of sending a replacement is superfluous since the printer was saying it was damaged.

That being said, why would I want to receive a possible duplicate defective batch from 1ink?The fact that the Office World carts from Amazon which were not defective, supports this hypothesis.

Review about: Ink Cartridge.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Product did not deliver what i expected.

Had an Experience with 1ink?

Comments

Gerasimus
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, United States #1292031

Bottom line about 1Ink is that there may be some brand of printers whose architecture is more forgiving in accepting re-manufactured carts.But...There seems to be more customers with negative results with 1Ink than positive results.

The fact that I had success with carts from OFFICE WORLD and terrible problems with carts from 1Ink with the HP8600 printer, contradicts the hypothesis that you must use HP inks ONLY. You may be one of the very few happy customers with 1Ink, but why take a chance of getting screwed when the ink doesn't work or ruins your printer. Then there is the return shipping fees and horrible customer service. There are so many other ink supply companies to choose from that I believe stand by their product.

1Ink obviously doesn't test, stand by or use quality control practices.They only seem to be very good at ripping people off.

Port Orange, Florida, United States #1291827

I also ordered two black 61XL cartridges for my HP ENVY Printer, which stated the ink cartridge was not new and it would not work - either of the two!!!I tried to get a refund but was refused by the company's "customer service" - at first saying they had no record of my emails, etc.

This company is not trustworthy nor helpful in any way.I highly recommend staying away from them completely!